When you are practising in a group it is greatly beneficial to watch how others attempt the exercise progression that you are also working on; seeing different ways and techniques of learning a skill can really spark an extra understanding.
The Handstand Club
There’s no Handstand club schedule at this time.
Please connect vie the form to the Right for more information.
On Thursday 16th of January 2020 6.45-7.45am I’m starting up the third and final round of Handstand club at Jungle Brothers Strength and Movement! We’ll be a semi-private group of people gathering to practice and learn Handstands together on a weekly basis for 6 weeks.
It is created for them who have practiced some handstands before but are not yet able to hold a freestanding Handstand for 10 seconds.
For the students coming on there will be online testing done prior to the 6-week term start, which will determine what individual modifications will be made to their program so that they can get the most out of it.
The time requirement for signing up is to be able to do 2×60 minute sessions per week, max will be 3×60 minutes. The final requirement is to not have a current injury stopping you from doing this type of practice, especially on the wrists, shoulders or back. Get in touch if you’re unsure if you’re suitable to join.
What exactly is included when you join the 6-week HS club?
- 1x60min semi-private session/week on Thursdays 6.45-7.45am at JB
- Testing before and after the 6 weeks (this is done online, meaning I send you the testing that you film and then send back to me)
- Modifications made to your program to make sure your individual needs are met
- The training will teach you what you need to learn in the following areas:
- HS mobility and conditioning (positions like arms over head, wrists in extension, pike and front splits will be touched on for warm up).
- HS exit and entry
- HS alignment
- HS balance
- HS kick ups
- Access to a private Facebook group for questions and posting updates on your progress to keep you engaged in the process.
Other things to know:
- I’m in the process of build an online version and would like to see and hear how people respond to the layout and programming. I’ll be asking for feedback at the end of the 6 weeks – get ready to be ruthless!
- I’ll be taking photos and videos to use for social media and future online and in person teaching.
If you’re interested please send an email to email@example.com or fill out the form to the Right on this page. The people who are currently doing the first Handstand club will be offered to grab their spots again, if there’s people dropping off the spots will be offered to the people that have emailed interest, in order of email coming in.
Friday 10th of January is the last day for signing up and paying for the 6-week course.
Sunday 12th of January is the day your testing needs to be submitted by.
The price for this 6-week course is $180 + a 2.2% transaction fee and you’ll receive an invoice via email to pay with card details. There’s no refund on this service.